Thursday, September 13, 2007

Great Personal Story From Prosper

Prosper has been very fortunate for many people, and there are many more stories read about them here http://www.prosper.com/prm/stories/
clipped from www.prosper.com

How I Am Blogging Away Debt

As someone with over $37,000 in credit card debt, I reached the point where I wasn't sure how we could make ends meet and keep up with our debt obligations. I finally decided that we needed to do something and came across the world of personal finance blogging.
Before long, I started a blog that I was using to document my journey to become debt-free and I began making progress towards paying off our debt. Part of my strategy was to get lower interest rates on our debt and I was able to do so, except for about $3,500. Unfortunately, calling the credit card company and asking them to reduce my rate didn't work.
When I heard about Prosper a light bulb went off in my head. Would everyday people be willing to lend me money so I could lower the interest rate on some my credit card debt? After reading as much as I could about Prosper, I signed up and created my listing for a $3,500 loan at 12%.
blog it

No comments:

SFI

Freelance Jobs